Aug 28, 2009

Driving In The Portland

"So we're supposed to take SW Richardson left and it should go under the 5 freeway." (We either miss SW Richardson or it doesn't exist)

"Where do I go."

"I don't know, just go that way."

"Where am I going?"

I'm all flustered and I have no idea which direction is north because all of the roads are circles, "I don't know, can you pull over?"

Alex is pissed and starts driving like it, I get scared because I'm scared of getting into an accident. "I'm sorry that we missed our street but this just doesn't make sense to me." He doesn't respond.

We pull over, "I just don't understand why this is so difficult." He takes my phone and gets directions from our current location.

"It's because all the freeways intersect and cross each other and its really confusing and I have no idea which way were going."

He throws the phone to me, "Just read me the directions."

In my head I'm thinking ass hole, im not stupid, the map thing just doesn't work here. "It says make a slight left onto SW Naito. But you're not gonna be able to do that."

"Yes I am, I just have to cross two lanes of traffic."

I smile to myself when lo and behold you can't get to the road from where we are, and we're on a bridge unable to turn around until we get to the other side. Then when the map tells us to turn around, we can't make a u turn. "See what I mean, it's confusing!" No response, just a determined glare directed at the road.

When we get to the other side we end up going the wrong way on the right road so we make another u turn. "I fuckin hate Portland!" (no offense to Portland intended, we're just really flustered.)

No comments:

Post a Comment