Aug 27, 2009

Phone Odyssey

I am sitting in a Deli on an Indian Reservation using their free internet to get this online and to update my phone. . . my phone. . . which Alex and I just drove 5 hours to get from a Shop Smart in La Pine.

Five days ago we stopped at the Shop Smart to buy some inexpensive food. After leaving said store I realized that my phone, which I thought was recharging in the car, was gone.

One day later, on our way to Bend, Alex and I stopped at the shop and asked if they had the phone. . . not there.

While doing laundry in Bend yesterday we emptied the car and repacked it expecting to find the phone. . . no such luck.

This morning, at 8:20 exactly, Alex got a call from my dad who got a text from Shop Smart saying that my phone was there.

At 9:30 we left Mt. Hood and backtracked all the way to Southern Oregon to get the phone. Now, at 3:30, still 1 hour away from Mt. Hood I swear that I'll never ever loose my phone again!

2 comments:

  1. IPhones BLOW!!!! They have secret powers that make them disappear, I'm convinced. Srsly, though? Total love-hate relationship with them. They are the coolest thing on the planet:) Nice guy that sent the txt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi guys....It is Jackie from Lake Mendocino. I am sorry it took so long to check out your blog but just as easily as iPhones get lost, so do small slips of paper with the email addresses of new acquaintances. I just found that elusive little slip of paper though, and so I am checking out your site as promised. I haven't got to read much, but what I have seen I love already. It has always been my dream to just pick up and go see the country. Your trip is a true inspiration to me. Hope you found some new and wonderful things along the way. --Jackie Ellis, Ukiah, California

    ReplyDelete