Aug 28, 2009

"Alex"dote part 2: Hole in the leg

I write this in a small, yet uncomfortable amount of pain. We arrived back, after the "fun" of Portland, and Candice started to write in the tent while I obtained our firewood for the night.
So there i am, dressed in army cargos, a black vest and my gloves, hacking away at a fallen tree with my hatchet.
"You're so sexy!" Candice calls out from the tent.
"Fanx!" i reply with a grin, my muscles bulging in the evening light.
I stamp on the log I'm cutting, it breaks and spins through the air and connects with my right shin.
"OW!" I grunt, and hit the floor.
"Oh my God!" Candice comes running over to me, "Did you cut yourself?"
"No, I'm fine." I nonchalantly pull up my pant leg, "Yep. I did."
I look down, wipe away the blood and see a hole in my leg, right through to the bone.
Ooops. Oh well.
I strap it up, we smoke a joint and set about having dinner: Gumbo soup, fried bread and beer. Lovely end to an "interesting" day.

1 comment:

  1. Alex, I can so recognize your writing style :) Make sure to keep your wound very clean and keep enjoying the Gumbo soups! Yum!

    ReplyDelete